I’m touring this spring with Super Happy Funtime Burlesque! Our big red school bus might be coming to a city near you. Brand new acts, live original music, comedy, striptease, acrobatics and more, with lots of special guests.
- April 5: Dubuque, IA Eronel
- April 6: Eau Claire, WI House of Rock
- April 12: Kalamazoo, MI Bell’s Eccentric Cafe
- April 13: Grand Rapids, MI The Pyramid Scheme
- April 18: Omaha, NE Waiting Room Lounge
- April 19: Sioux Falls, SD Boonies Bar
- April 20: Fargo, ND Legacy Ballroom (above the Pickled Parrot) wsg/Bad Weather Burlesque!
- April 21: Ames, IA DG’s Taphouse
- April 22: Casper (Mills), WY The Beacon Club
- April 24: Bozeman, MT Zebra Cocktail Lounge
- April 25: Jackson, WY Pink Garter Theatre
- April 26: Colorado Springs, CO The Zodiac Venue Bar wsg/Peaks and Pasties!!
- April 27: Laramie, WY Gryphon Theatre wsg/Laramie Burlesque
- May 17: Three Rivers, MI Riviera Theatre
- May 18: Indianapolis, IN White Rabbit Cabaret wsg/Rocket Doll Revue!!
- May 24: St. Joseph, Michigan Czar’s 505
- May 25: Ann Arbor, MI Blind Pig wsg/Mabel Syrup!!!
Dates and cities are more or less finalized, but we might be adding more cities if we find more people wanting to host us.
I was looking at a picture of a corset and my brain got confused and thought it was shaped like this when it wasn’t. But then I thought, that’d make a cool shape for a corset. So maybe some day I’ll make something like this. Who knows? I’m so deficient in attention span.
Burlesquestuck - The Girls
I accidentally made a sexy Kanaya outfit (really, it was completely by accident!) and then I thought of how easy it’d be to make burlesque costumes themed to all the Homestucks. And then all of these happened.
I’d put on a Homestuck themed burlesque, except I can’t think of anywhere to perform it where the audience would understand what I was doing.
I wonder how much overlap there is between burlesque and Homestuck?
And then this happened. I always draw Girl Scouts as Juniors because that’s the highest level I made it to.
I was gonna tag this “girl scouts” but then I remembered actual girl scouts might be the ones primarily checking that tag so…
Why do so many of my act ideas involve things meant for children?
Drew this to cheer myself up. I love drawing big hips.
I was drawing up a costume design for tuxedo underwear and thinking about white cat eye glasses and suddenly this was in my head and I’ll never be sorry about it.
Miss Frizzle burlesque concept
Obviously, there are several stages and layers to any burly-q costume, what with things having to come off, but I like to start from a medium amount of naked and work outward when designing things. The pasties will be star shaped with gold tassels so they look like shooting stars!
I gotta tell you, it was strange to google “Miss Frizzle” and look through the pictures of her, while wondering how to make a nakeder version of her.
Someday, I’m gonna do this.
Revolutionary Girl Utena Burlesque
Both of these things have been on my mind lately. It seemed only right to combine them.
I like coming up with ideas for nerdy burlesque outfits.